Managed Print Services (MPS) involves managing hardcopy device fleets (copiers, printers, multifunction devices, and fax machines) in a unified fashion. Whilst this can be done internally, the term is typically associated with outsourcing the fleet to an external vendor. Managed Document Services (MDS) is a close relation to MPS where vendors consider the service to be wider than simply print. MPS/MDS are a subset of the broader Managed Services market, although MPS/MDS have unique applications for an organisation. There are many definitions of MPS in the market place ranging from re-branding of break-fix contracts to outsource contracts with on-site staff. The only known definition of MPS for which the major vendors have reached consensus was Intellect UK’s in 2009.Pacific Office Solutions is an innovative; award winning Managed Services Company dedicated to helping our customers transform their capabilities using the latest generation solutions. We now have more diverse operations in multiple business fields than any other similar companies in the region. It is our belief that a technology firm must offer tremendous value to its clients by creating the most highly trained team of consultants and support staff. It is this drive and determination to stay at our best that has helped us support the largest organisations across the Sunshine Coast with their technology needs since our formation in 1988.
The core aspects of MPS are defined as:
- Management information with consolidated billing
- Proactive maintenance of the equipment fleet
- Ongoing optimisation of the environment throughout the contract life
- Print Management software to manage the volume and nature of print and authenticate users
- Device Management software to monitor and manage the print devices in an environment
- Discovery and Design Software to analyse and plan for the change required in implementing a MPS
- Scan Routing software to route scans to various destinations including fax servers, network folders, email or workflows
The MPS Providers vary in size, abilities, and hardware/software supported.
The true definition of MPS is a centralised, one source, end to end solution which covers:
- All equipment (new & existing)
- Supply & Consumables
- Service & Maintenance
- Finance & Acquisition
- Ongoing Support & Helpdesk
- Forms & Document Solutions
- Installation & decommission
From the beginning, each and every MPS relationship should start with a discovery/audit process which includes:
- Software data collection
- Discovery of process of current asset register
- Site and end user survey
- Needs Analysis
- Mapping and correct device alignments
- Crystallisation of current operating expense
- Green Policies
- Company processes and forecasts
All data is then collated, processed, assessed and provided back to the customer in the form of a comprehensive management report detailing current statistics, TCO, areas of improvement and proposed MPS implementation.
MPS has become the flagship product for the print industry. In fact, it sees the major manufacturers and copier suppliers alike promote, advertise and utilise the buzzword to retain clients and involve themselves in the market grab, which according to independent studies will see Australia reach market saturation in 2015 with a forecast of AUS $880 million.
MPS has shifted the market, which is evident by dealers once waving the branded flag and promoting the manufacturers label to dropping the logos and pushing down the independent path to reflect brand neutral and unbiased offerings.
To request further information on our managed print services please click here